Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Writer's block

I plugged up my creative hole. The two villains are World of Warcraft and Movies. Recently, I think i've taken in so much media, my brain is topping out. When did I become such a media fiend? My snout continually enlarges as I camp out in a vacated university library. Wallowing in my pool of horrid apparel, I bounce through the internet. "Internet" is not the correct description, but "torrent of advertising" seems to fit. My brave laptop mines this world wide web of crap for some hope of a new frontier. The results: lots of igneous crap, lacking the gold.
Searching for "free" digital delights leads me down the rabbit holes to mordor, with the promise a secret treasure, only to leave me with a haunting hunger.

How much stuff is on this "internets"? Many a lonesome author has made web display of all the sites he devours, but yet posts no new text, no new images; no he is a mirror, and a dim and broken one at that. A humble common search for material will often bring up more hits than McDonalds has burgers, but the real content behind it would fit in a children's book. Link to link to link to link, to come back to the original place you started. A mobius life this has become; searching for elusive pleasures on the internet, link by link, hopes revving up and down, tires pressed to the floor with each click, only to find that highway to freedom never appears.

This is my net experience

No comments: