Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I use too many words

Superfluous, inundating, overwhelming, tsunamic. Whatever you want to call it, so I am. I don’t summarize. I don’t approximate. I rarely overview. Once these two chapped lips start opening and closing, the mouth engages and trash begins to fly at startling speeds.

Here’s a typical Process

“Tim, what do you think of Jakey?”

Answer:

  1. The history of Tim and Jakey, our rough relationship
  2. The current policies between Tim and Jakey
  3. My overall estimation of Jakey’s thoughts and Actions
  4. A disclaimer of my limited brain and knowledge
  5. My skewed imbalanced view of all those things, considering all those factors
  6. Another disclaimer to secrecy and my idiocratic mood

I noticed I do that a lot. Sorry friends! I’m trying hard to summarize first, and give details later.

Where does this habit come from? My suspicions are many. The prime suspect is my relationship with my mother. Explaining my actions was like Law and Order Criminal Intent. I needed to explain every possible action.

“Tim, son, did you do your homework”

Answer

  1. Yes

“But I don’t SEE you doing homework. (anger rising)”

Answer

  1. The rest of the students are Stupid
  2. Homework is a joke
  3. The bus ride i have to take is a super long route. Plenty of time to do the homework
  4. I do many things without her supervision. I save children, devise way to end hunger, clean my room and then mess it up again. A lot of stuff happens

Anger subsides. Tim’s hiney is safe again.

Summary: I guess you never really get away from home.

No comments: