Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Electro-leech?

Yesterday I got a frantic call from my roommate. Murder? Theft? Lambasted(just wanted to use that word)? Marooned? The power is out. Roommate turned it off, and didn't tell us. Gracias, compadre.

My evening planned emptied out. Was that much of my evening electric centric? What should I do instead? I walked. I used my legs. My legs were happy. The calves long hated the thighs for collecting dorito and donut fat. The calves swelled to the gauge of artillery, supporting the despised excess blubber.

Air is good. Lungs need air. Sun is good. Scalp needs sun... i think... Anyways I napped on the grass for an hour, then proceeded to do some reading. Life is really really different without electricity. I suspect if the city browned out, drinking would exponentially increase, and slip n slide would immediately come back in style. Maybe both. Slip n slide in budweiser, perhaps?

Either way, I went to bed at, get this ... 10:30. Mainly because the lights were out too. In theory i would have grabbed a book, stuffed myself in a sofa, and read a billion pages. In a more realistic hypothesis, i would grab systematic theology half way into bed, and go 0 to zzzz in 15 secs. Beat that toyota.

Maybe we do make life a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

Need.

More and more I don't understand that word.

Summary: I'm convinced I'm 75% electric dependant.

No comments: