Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Disappointing Fajitas

Roughly about twice a month I crave good Mexican food. And, since I can’t find good Mexican food, I go out and get bad Mexican food. Who wants fresh fajitas? I most certainly reject large burritos. At baja fresh, this giant is called the “dos manos”; but who can eat that much food? That’s why I only go to small empty Mexican restaurants named after Spanish Aunts and Uncles. Who wants an abundance of grilled meat, beans, and cheese for only 5 dollars? And definitely I don’t want fresh guacamole. I need old guacamole to protect against disease with it’s killer mold.

Fajita-loving losers need to be put in their place. Fajitas cost 10 dollars and burritos cost 5. Basically, the people order a open faced burrito, and pay an extra 5 dollars for a sweaty high-schooler to bring it out on a sizzling plate. Show offs. I know, I’ve got an idea! Let’s put super crappy meat in the fajitas. All the carne asada fat collect from lunch can be covered with vegetables, and no one is the wiser. They will envy the burrito people! And when the customers look like they are going to hurl, keep giving them more salsa to kill the taste of your own food.

Anyways, if you can’t tell, me and Jon Chen ate at the WORST Mexican restaurant ever. Even the waitress was mysteriously nice. It’s the same mysteriously nice that seen in a dark evil-browed men in dance clubs. So what if he’s evil, and so what he’s offering you a drink with a eerie lookin pill at the bottom, free drink right? Right?

I’ve never had a discipleship interrupted with regurgitating food. We must have looked like two mother birds pre-chewing all the meat for our kids at home. People must have stared in disgust. Oh wait. There are no customers because the restaurant is empty. Probably because they died from the belly-busting fajitas.

Don’t eat at Sarape. I think sarape means “you’ll hate our beef”

Summary: Why is it so hard to find good burritos in LA?

No comments: