Monday, April 2, 2007

It's weird what habits make me do.

That's right. I used to be in control of habits. I would look what I needed to do for work, and note, "gee, a lot of those things are the same". My brain would then shove all those actions and motions into "chemical memory".

Chemical memory is the same stuff kicks in when I'm about to touch a red hot iron poker. I am not actively thinking "this iron is hot. hot things burn. Burning things are bad, remember that hemorrhoids commercial?". But my hand chemically knows better than me.

My body automates booting up and waking up activities. Example: Somewhere in my early occupational years, I began to sit in the shower. It was out of sheer exhaustion; during that week I got 4 hours of sleep and worked factory hours of 16 hours a day. And to this hour, my body automatically just plops itself like a fat gorilla in the shower, and proceed with my monkey arms to clean my whole bodice.

Also, my legs automatically go into sneaky mode outside of the bedroom. This tip toe walk makes my legs bow-legged, giving Frank, my other roommate, the impression I have saddle burn. I brush my teeth in the kitchen, again not to be noisey, and then proceed to go to work.

I have de-centralized my tasks, all my body parts do what they are supposed to. This leaves my head to worry about the big things, like balding, growing shorter, or slowly becoming a bitter old man.

The only thing I fear is that one day I'll wake up, and my body will forget how old I am, the fingers will switch to saturday morning cartoons, I miss work, and my stomach will eat oreos till I puke. The hands will grab mis-matched clothing, and the bowels will crap in my pants like I just got out the womb. Not the best way to start a Monday. I would then use the feet to kick myself, but the feet would remember, and continually kick myself for the rest of the century.

Summary: Don't eat cheese at night, your body will remember the taste, and proceed to fart everyday at about the same time.

No comments: