Sunday, April 15, 2007

Edible Packaging

Fortune cookies are a marvelous man-made creation. The wrapper is edible and if the message was written on rice paper, the entire process would be waste-free.

The Chinese were on to something. It just needs to be finished. After a minor tax, all packaging would be woven structures of food. Dell computers would be packed with hard sugar and marshmallow contraptions. Your Nike Shoes would come with a burrito inside to help it hold shape, and the box would be made of graham crackers. You fancy Apple Mac computers would be shaped from Peppermint and white chocolate.

They could even use the basic fortune cookie and shape it for all sorts of uses.
“Sir, here is a delivery.” Hands larger cookie folder.
Munch Munch “Ack! It’s bitter! It must be a subpoena!” *Unroll* “Blast, they found my illegitimate cloned child!”

Or in a stock holder’s meeting –
“This year’s earnings are rolled up on rice paper in the middle of those large hostess ho-hos.”

And even best -
“Tom Cruise, here’s the secret codes. Here’s your secret mission. Proceed and destroy the evidence.” Munch munch “They gotta stop using MSG in the secret transmissions”

Flavors would be indicative of the mood of the message. “I got a message from my girl in California, it’s sweet like candy!”

“Really? I got a message from my mother in law, and I think I got food poisoning.”

Summary: I think that blogs would taste like Guacamole Chips.

No comments: